The Senior Coach will implement READI (Rapid Employment and Development Initiative) Chicago, a collaborative intervention on Chicago’s South and West Sides that will engage individuals at the highest risk of becoming victims or perpetrators of gun violence in an 18-month wage-subsidized transitional job (TJ) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) program, followed by up to six months of follow-up case management and coaching support. The goals of READI Chicago are to: decrease shootings and homicides among those at highest risk of gun violence; create new opportunities for these same individuals to change their life trajectory and decrease their involvement with the criminal justice system; and help build an infrastructure at the community level to promote long-term safety and opportunity in Chicago’s most impoverished communities.
Senior Coaches are responsible for supervising, supporting, and inspiring transitional workers and adhering to all READI Chicago implementation requirements.
- Supervise and support coaches in their duties to include recruitment, hiring, training and orientation; and providing guidance and overseeing performance reviews
- When necessary perform any and all duties performed by coaches to include case management, succession plans, and identifying support services
- Organize and manage developmental activities:
- Become trained as a lead facilitator for selected cognitive-behavioral curricula, and facilitate weekly cognitive-behavioral group sessions
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external content providers and service providers such as asset building, child support assistance, record expungement, parenting, etc.
- Develop and/or identify work-readiness curriculum, implement curriculum, and schedule and supervise weekly work-readiness coursework
- Manage all necessary paperwork and reporting associated with orientation, case management activities, employer contacts, participant advancement, retention follow-up, and other programming activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as social work or psychology
- Master’s degree and LCSW or LCPC
- 1-2 years’ experience in a managerial role overseeing case management, counseling, and/or coaching functions in a social service setting, preferably with formerly incarcerated individuals, opportunity youth, or similarly at-risk populations
What we offer
PPO Medical Coverage Plan | Vision and Dental Options | 12 Paid Holidays | Paid Vacation, Sick, and PTO 403b Plan with company match
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When emailing, please place ‘Senior Coach’ on the subject line. The deadline to apply for this position is August 30, 2018.